Development & community¶
django CMS is an open-source project, and relies on its community of users to keep getting better.
You can join us online:
- in our IRC channel, #django-cms, on irc.freenode.net
- on our django CMS users email list for general django CMS questions and discussion
- on our django CMS developers email list for discussions about the development of django CMS
You don’t need to be an expert developer to make a valuable contribution - all you need is a little knowledge of the system, and a willingness to follow the contribution guidelines.
Remember that contributions to the documentation are highly prized, and key to the success of the django CMS project.
Development is led by a team of core developers, and under the overall guidance of a technical board.
All activity in the community is governed by our Code of Conduct.
- Development of django CMS
- Contributing to django CMS
- Code and project management
- Running and writing tests
- Code of Conduct
- master: this is the current stable release, the version released on PyPI.
- support/3.0.x: this will be our next stable release; this is the most appropriate branch for fixes and patches that will go into the next master
- develop: this will be django CMS 3.1; this is the most appropriate branch for more substantial features that will need team co-ordination