Some commonly-used plugins¶
In version 3 of the CMS we removed all the plugins from the main repository into separate repositories to continue their development there. you are upgrading from a previous version. Please refer to Upgrading from previous versions
Please note that dozens if not hundreds of different django CMS plugins have been made available under open-source licences. Some, like the ones on this page, are likely to be of general interest, while others are highly specialised.
This page only lists those that fall under the responsibility of the django CMS project. Please see the Django Packages site for some more, or just do a web search for the functionality you seek - you’ll be surprised at the range of plugins that has been created.
django CMS Core Addons¶
We maintain a set of Core Addons for django CMS.
You don’t need to use them, and for many of them alternatives exist, but they represent a good way to get started with a reliable project set-up. We recommend them for new users of django CMS in particular. For example, if you start a project on Divio Cloud or using the django CMS installer, this is the set of addons you’ll have installed by default.
The django CMS Core Addons are:
- Django Filer - a file management application for images and other documents.
- django CMS Admin Style - a CSS theme for the Django admin
- django CMS Text CKEditor - our default rich text WYSIYG editor
- django CMS Link - add links to content
- django CMS Picture - add images to your site (Filer-compatible)
- django CMS File - add files or an entire folder to your pages (Filer-compatible)
- django CMS Style - create HTML containers with classes, styles, ids and other attributes
- django CMS Snippet - insert arbitrary HTML content
- django CMS Audio - publish audio files (Filer-compatible)
- django CMS Video - embed videos from YouTube, Vimeo and other services, or use uploaded videos (Filer-compatible)
- django CMS GoogleMap - displays a map of an address on your page. Supports addresses and co-ordinates. Zoom level and route planner options can also be set.
We welcome feedback, documentation, patches and any other help to maintain and improve these valuable components.
Other addons of note¶
These packages are no longer officially guaranteed support by the django CMS project, but they have good community support.