3.4.2 release notes¶
django CMS 3.4.2 introduces two key new features: Revert to live for pages, and support for Django 1.10
Revert to live is in fact being reintroduced in a new form following a complete rewrite of our revision handling system, that was removed in django CMS 3.4 to make possible a greatly-improved new implementation from scratch.
Revert to live is the first step in fully re-implementing revision management on a new basis.
The full set of changes is listed below.
What’s new in 3.4.2¶
- Escaped strings in
- Fixed a bug with text-transform styles on inputs affecting CMS login
- Fixed a typo in the confirmation message for copying plugins from a different language
- Fixed a bug which prevented certain migrations from running in a multi-db setup.
- Fixed a regression which prevented the
Pagemodel from rendering correctly when used in a
- Fixed a regression which caused the CMS to cache the toolbar when
CMS_PAGE_CACHEwas set to
Trueand an anonymous user had
Trueon their session.
- Fixed a regression which prevented users from overriding content in an inherited placeholder.
- Fixed a bug affecting Firefox for Macintosh users, in which use of the Command key later followed by Return would trigger a plugin save.
- Fixed a bug where template inheritance setting creates spurious migration (see #3479)
- Fixed a bug which prevented the page from being marked as dirty (pending changes) when changing the value of the overwrite url field.
- Fixed a bug where the page tree would not update correctly when a sibling page was moved from left to right or right to left.
Improvements and new features¶
- Added official support for Django 1.10.
- Rewrote manual installation how-to documentation
- Re-introduced the “Revert to live” menu option.
- Added support for django-reversion >= 2 (see #5830)
- Improved the
fix-treecommand so that it also fixes non-root nodes (pages).
- Introduced placeholder operation signals.
- Removed the deprecated
copy_url()properties of CMSPlugin model.
- Added a deprecation warning to method
`PlaceholderAdminMixinhave been deprecated in favour of placeholder operation signals.
- Adjusted Ajax calls triggered when performing a placeholder operation (add plugin, etc..) to include a GET query called cms_path. This query points to the path where the operation originates from.
- Changed CMSPlugin.get_parent_classes() from method to classmethod.